The Pregnancy Benefit –
Improved Dental Insurance Coverage During Pregnancy
At United Concordia Dental, we recognize the impact your oral health can have on the overall health of both you and your baby. This is why most of our plans provide improved dental insurance coverage during pregnancy.
If your plan includes the Pregnancy Benefit, you can receive one additional covered dental cleaning during pregnancy. You’ll also have more coverage on periodontal services to help manage all stages of gum disease during pregnancy, including:
- Gingivitis – A mild form of gum disease more likely to occur during pregnancy*
- Periodontitis – A serious condition linked to both prematurity and low birth weight babies*
|Service||Coverage with the Pregnancy Benefit|
|Cleaning (one additional during pregnancy)||100%|
|Periodontal Maintenance (one additional during pregnancy)|
|Scaling & Root Planing|
|Periodontal Surgery — four procedures*|
*Four procedures related to gingival flap or osseous surgeries
Here’s how to review and activate your coverage for this added benefit:
- Log in to your My Dental Benefits account.
- If your plan includes the benefit, you’ll see a section on the right titled My Oral Health.
- To register for the benefit, click REGISTER to bring wellness full circle.
- Then click Add a new condition and complete the form as prompted to report your pregnancy.
- Once complete, you’ll receive an email confirming your registration.
*Source: Dental health during pregnancy; March of Dimes, January 2013.