Smile for Health®—Wellness
Smile for Health®—Wellness is a simple addition to your dental plan that provides coverage for periodontal disease treatment and maintenance for people with the following chronic conditions. With Smile for Health—Wellness, the financial obstacles to total oral care are removed by providing members improved benefits for them to receive the services needed to properly treat gum disease.
- Cerebral Vascular Disease (stroke)
- Coronary Artery Disease (heart)
- Oral Cancer
- Organ Transplant
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
What does Smile for Health®—Wellness offer?
This innovative plan is uniquely designed to provide full coverage for periodontal services, including surgical procedures—something most carriers don’t include in their coverage. It also includes targeted email outreach to members who sign up. We can also work with your medical carrier to identify and track employees with conditions affected by gum disease.
- Full coverage for periodontal services, including surgical procedures for those with certain chronic conditions
- Email outreach designed to educate and engage members to take control of their oral health
- Client-directed exchange of medical-dental information to identify employees with qualifying conditions to activate their plan benefits
- Access to Oral Wellness Consultants, who provide a range of services to educate employees and encourage participation in the program
- Improved benefits to help make periodontal services more affordable
- Increased awareness of good oral care habits that lead to positive behavior change
- Seamless, automatic process to register employees without the hassle of prompting registration
- One-to-one interaction with employees to answer questions and get them engaged with their dental benefits
Download the brochure
Download the flyer
* Jeffcoat MK, Jeffcoat RL, Gladkowski PA, Bramson JB, Blum JJ. Impact of Periodontal Therapy on General Health: Evidence from Insurance Data for Five Systemic Conditions, Am J Prev Med 2014;47(2):166-174.
* Where permitted by state.